Are you looking for residential movers near me but don’t know where to start? There are a ton of moving companies that offer local and long distance moving services in your area. Residents need to be careful these days due to moving scams that can cost you thousands. Moving doesn’t have to be extremely expensive but you have to find a residential mover that is the best for your particular move.
Residential Moving Companies
When looking for a moving company to transport all of your household items, it is important to look for a private, flat rate moving company. Unlike a van line that swaps, barters and sells your move to an “agent,” private moving companies have their own employees and perform all of the moves with their own crews. Private residential moving companies are usually a little less expensive as they don’t have to pay middle-man fees associated with van lines, brokers and franchises. So, where can you find a trusted residential moving company is the question. With internet searches not being the best place as they often paint a false picture of a moving company with pretty pictures and thousands of positive “reviews.”
Where to Find Trusted Residential Movers Near Me
Mastodon Moving, one of the best moving companies in Massachusetts has been able to provide us with a list of important questions to ask your short distance movers prior to hiring.
When choosing a short distance moving company in your area, ask the following questions:
- Do your own employees do the moving?
- Do you hire day labor?
- Do your moves get subbed to a local “agent?”
- Are you licensed and insured?
- How long have you been in business
- Is full replacement coverage included?
- Do all of your employees speak English?
- Are your employees background checked?
- Do you follow recommended COVID protocol?
Residential Movers Near Me Include
- Free Estimates
- Transparent Pricing – Guaranteed Quotes
- Insured for Residential Moves
- One Stop Shop For Residential Moves
- Packing and Unpacking Services
- Licensed, Bonded and Insured
- Additional Valuation Coverage Available
- No Hidden Fees or Charges
- Affordable Moving Boxes and Packing Supplies
- Clean Trucks, Proper Equipment & Pads
- Respectful of HOA Guidelines
- Member of the Better Business Bureau
- Willingness to Make Additional Stops
Find Movers Near Me that are able to offer all of the aforementioned services