Are you searching for long distance moving? Well we are almost done with one of the most surprising years ever and lots of families, millennials, singles who are ready to mingle, get x-ers and baby boomers, and everyone else seems to be heading to a new state. Perhaps it’s because we have been unable to leave our homes for the past 9 months? Regardless with lots of long distance moving comes many scams and new ways rogue movers have found to rip you off! Don’t be a victim to a moving scam in 2021 – take our advice and you will have a stress-free move!
Are you looking for long distance moving companies near me for a long distance move? You are not alone! This year looks to be very busy for those moving more than 100 miles. Moving to a new place can be very stressful especially if you don’t have any contacts in your new area. When hiring long distance movers near me – there are a few major things to keep in mind: size of your shipment, dates you need it there by, moving costs, quality of your moving company, moving scams and long distance moving costs in 2021.
Long Distance Moving Costs
Demand for long distance moving is going to be very high in 2021. Low prices and bartering with companies will not be as easy as you think. One thing to remember is that if it seems to good to be true theres a 75% chance your movers won’t show up. There are so many long distance moving scams so we can help you determine the best value for your move.
- Cost to Rent a Moving Truck
- $150 (small truck, local move) to $4,500 (large truck, long-distance move) Uhaul rates were above $4800 for a move from CA to TX
- Cost to Hire a Long Distance Moving Company
- Long-Distance: $2,000 to $5,000 per load
- Cost to Hire a Full-Service Long Distance Moving Company
- $2,000 to $10,000
- Cost to Rent a Moving Container
- $4,500/container – about 2 bedroom apartment (large container, cross-country move)
The average cost for a local move typically ranges anywhere from $2500 for a one-bedroom apartment to $7400 for a four-bedroom house.These are estimates only for a guaranteed, not to exceed moving quote you will need to provide more information.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Long Distance Movers?
Long-Distance Moving Costs 2021
Okay, now let’s see what costs look like if you’re moving beyond 100 miles—including the same state The factors that could make your long distance moving costs fluctuate:
- Distance You Are Moving From and To
- Weight of Items Being Moved
- Dates You Need to Be In and Out
- Specialty Services: Pianos, Packing, Storage, etc
- If Your Long Distance Moving Company Charges Extra Fees
- Quality of Your Long Distance Movers
Full Service Long Distance Moving Costs 2021
Hiring a full service long distance movers in 2021 is going to be the best option for most people. Eliminating the stress of coordinating an entire move is exhausting and it usually ends up costing the same amount or even less than a DIY move or a moving container.
Full service moving costs will vary depending on how far you are moving and the size of your move along with other add-ons. However, the average long distance moving companies costs are:
$1500-$2000 for a one bedroom move about 150-400 miles
$2000-$3000 for a two bedroom move about 150-400 miles
$3000-$4000 for a three bedroom move about 150-400 miles
$2000-$3000 for a one bedroom move about 500-900 miles
$3000-$4000 for a two to three bedroom move about 500-900 miles
$3000-$5000 for a one bedroom 1000+ miles
$5000-$6000 for a two to three bedroom 1000+ miles
$5000-$6000 for a four bedroom 1000+ miles
Of course these are just averages, in order to get a binding, guaranteed not-to-exceed quote you can start with this moving calculator that will provide you with an option to fill out an inventory or provide pictures.
How Much Are Moving Containers?
What if you don’t want to run the risk of movers mishandling your stuff or deal with the hassle of driving a moving truck yourself? Then you’ll probably want to use moving containers. It’s kind of like having the back of a moving truck dropped off at your house. You load all your stuff into the container on your own time, then you schedule a date for the container company to pick it up. They drop it off at your new location for you to unpack. Moving containers are about 25% more expensive than hiring an actual mover plus you have to pay someone to load and unload unless you have some good friends. Expect to pay $4500/container which a 3-4 bedroom house will need at least 2 so at $9000 this is not a less expensive option plus labor to load and unload can be over $12,000. Do your due diligence if using moving containers for a long distance move – the reviews are horrendous. What’s more, they have become notorious for thefts. There are viral videos of robbers cutting the containers with a small pocket knife and making out with peoples stuff.
Can I Deduct Moving Expenses?
Taxes are the last thing you want to think about when you’re moving! But if you’re banking on a tax deduction to reimburse your moving expenses, we want to warn you—it won’t. There is a misconception that you can deduct moving expenses but that was eliminated in 2018.
Long Distance Moving Scams 2021
It would be a complete lie if we said moving scams have disappeared. The end of 2020 has been ripe with moving scams and 2021 looks to be no different. As the economy is filled with uncertainty van lines and brokers have been scamming customers more than usual. Here are some very important things to look for when moving long distance in 2021 so you can avoid being scammed:
- Van Lines have been underbidding long distance moves and don’t have the support to do all of the moves leaving customers stranded on their day of the move resulting in hiring another moving company at top dollar because they don’t have time to start over and look for a new company. Avoid van lines at all costs in 2021.
- Because van lines and brokers don’t have the support to handle all of their moves they have been sending moving companies that are uninsured, unlicensed, unexperienced, untrained and without background checks. Read reviews people and know that consumer affairs reviews are owned by van lines – they are not real reviews. It is best to hire flat rate private moving companies for any long distance move in 2021.