It’s that season again where all the moving companies start swinging into full gear! Whether you live ina big city, a suburban jungle or a small town in the middle of nowhere – we found the best moving companies near you. I will help you navigate through the muddled waters of what to look for when choosing the “moving companies near me.”
THE BEST MOVING COMPANIES HAVE THIS IN COMMON
TRANSPARENT PRICING without pushy salespeople
If you fill out a moving calculator from a moving company that you have considered and they call more than 3 times, I would pass. High pressure moving sales people are usually not the most trustworthy.
LOCATED NEAR YOU
The average person doesn’t know that there are many moving companies that are sourced out of another country and own multiple shell companies. For example, in Boston when you call what looks like a real company you will find the call being picked up by someone from another country and they sell or broker the move. You can go on your state’s corporation search site and search a company name. If it has a foreign name, 9 times out of ten you are not dealing with a US company. Find movers near me.
MULTIPLE MOVING SERVICES OFFERED
The best moving companies will have storage, packing and all moving needs so you don’t have to subcontract somewhere else.
VERIFIED MOVING REVIEWS
It’s really unfortunate but these days movers can purchase reviews. And even the good moving companies do this because they all do. There are a few places where you can find actual moving reviews that have been verified. Even the BBB allows movers to pay to have reviews removed and it is actually just a business and has no government affiliation. A recommended review sites for movers is Houzz. A pretty website with thousands of obviously fake google reviews should not be trusted.
YEARS IN BUSINESS
Moving companies come and go. There are moving company owners that will open a company, get a fine or lots of claims then shut it down and reopen another under another name. In Boston, there are hundreds of these shell companies. Look for movers that have really been open for at least 10 years without switching names. Some moving companies will have a company for local moves and one for long distance. Learn more about trusted Boston Movers.
Now that you know some of the important things to look for when searching for the best moving companies in your area, we can go over some other considerations. Comparing movers is key when you are moving – and especially true when deciding which will be the best long distance moving company.
COMPARING THE BEST MOVING COMPANIES NEAR ME
Here are the best questions to ask your moving company when comparing movers:
- How long have you been in business and has it always been with the same corporation? Meaning did you have to open a new company due to too many claims.
- Will you be using your own trucks and labor? It is normal for movers to rent moving trucks in busier times but they should always be registered to the moving company for insurance purposes.
- Do you hire day labor?
- Will all of your movers speak english? ( or whatever languages you speak). It is so difficult to communicate about your move to the actual crew if they don’t all speak english/your language. I have heard horror stories of items getting left behind because the crew cannot understand what needs to be done or just one crew member can communicate with you.
- What extra fees can be added? So many movers will charge you for tape, materials, etc. and they do not put it on the estimate but in the fine print that they send over.
- Will I have to sign a release or waiver at the end of the move? This is important because many movers will make you sign this release to combat against bad reviews and claims. Yes, the release will usually say you cannot write poor reviews! You will have no retaliation to a poor job and local residents won’t ever know.