Hiring movers nearby is a daunting task. With multitudes of sites advertising moving companies near me it is very hard to tell which movers to trust and which are just fly-by-night movers. Below is a set of steps and tips to hire movers near me comprised by three industry experts that have been in the industry over 30 years.
HOW TO HIRE MOVERS NEAR ME
- First off, always find out how long your movers have been in business. A new company has not been established and doesn’t have the need to maintain good customer service. Movers near you that have been in business for a long time are trustworthy as their reputation has allowed them to stay in business.
- Get a moving estimate. The best resource for a moving estimate from movers near you is to input your information on the instant moving quote page. Your information will not be sold or used for anything but an estimate and you will never be called on the phone. Beware of other moving estimate sites that will bombard you with 4-10 moving companies calling you afterwards.
- Compare movers – compare your moving rates, services offered, dates available, etc. Another major items to look for are extra fees. Always ask your movers if they will be charging any extra fees – and get this in writing.
HIRE LOCAL MOVERS NEAR ME
Local Movers Near Me specialize in local household and apartment moves within the same city or metropolitan area. Sometimes known as short haul movers, these companies typically provide the labor, truck, and basic moving supplies to relocate your house in several hours. You can find that hiring apartment movers near me and local movers near me are the best solution to a local move. Hiring a truck, asking family and friends to help and paying for gas and a possible chiropractors bill just isn’t worth it. Here are a few reasons to hire local movers near me.
1. Your Local Movers Do This – Every Day
When you hire movers, they handle most of the work for you, leaving you more time and energy to focus on other components of the move. Full-service moving companies offer an array of services to make your relocation go smoothly.
2. Professional Movers Get it Done – Fast
Professional movers are trained and help people move every day. They know exactly how to transport your most awkward and fragile items with ease and efficiently. A normal move done by non-professionals can take 24-48 hours but a professional mover can do it in 6-7.
3. Movers will bring any tools and materials needed
Do you have a truck that can hold all the items in your home? Or the correct equipment to haul your furniture and large appliances? What about moving blankets and tie-down straps to secure your items during transport? Your local moving company has all the tools and equipment needed to move your belongings safely, and best of all, it’s included in the price of your move. Instead of renting a truck, dolly, and moving blankets, you can spend that money on hiring movers who do all the work!
HIRE LONG DISTANCE MOVERS NEAR ME
Moving out of state is is one of the most important things your family will ever do – you should make sure to find long distance movers near you that include packing and storage in case it is needed . Long distance moving requires lengthy travel times, and the systematic packing and loading capabilities that only professionals can handle.
Long Distance Movers Near Me
If you are looking to hire the most responsive of all national moving companies that provide top notch and quality moving services, we suggest finding a long distance mover that does not hire temp labor on the road. There are only a handful of long distance movers that this applies to. Finding trustworthy long distance movers when moving cross country, is not easy but making sure your long distance movers follow these few requirements, we feel it will be a good choice:
- Make sure your long distance movers do not hire temp labor
- Make sure your long distance movers have been in business at least 10 years
- Stay away from generic moving company names like: JTR movers, “long distance movers” or some arbitrary name. Look for movers that have a brand and a presence. This will ensure they are tracked by DOT and local licensing agencies and have necessary coverage. Look for a brand.
- Van lines and franchises will charge 25%-40% more than private long distance movers because of franchise fees and van line fees. Finding a private, flat rate long distance mover will be your best bet.
HIRE MOVERS NEAR ME NOW
If you need to hire movers near me now, you are most likely facing a last minute moving situation or and emergency move. There are very few moving companies that do last minute moves or move at all hours of the night. Finding movers nearby to do this is a difficult task but if you follow our link above – there are movers near you that are available all hours of the day.