Moving Companies Near Me
We require our movers to be CORI-checked with a comprehensive background check and they are trained extensively before entering your residence. We work hard to keep your personal information safe and secure and never sell your information
Ready to get a moving quote from us? You can simply get a FREE, INSTANT MOVING QUOTE by completing your move request in the form above. Please read the factors that affect a moving estimate below.
Moving Services Near Me
Believe it or not, there’s more than just one type of moving service to choose from when relocating to a new home. The different types of moving companies include full-service moving companies, self-service moving companies, and specialized moving companies.
- Full-service moving company — The most expensive type of mover is the popular full-service moving company. These professionals will do everything from packing your belongings, loading and unloading the truck, and transporting your belongings to the destination.
- Specialized Piece by Piece Movers Near Me — Specialized moving companies are trained in the proper ways to move pianos, hot tubs appliances, art, antiques and other specialized items.
- Guaranteed Long Distance Movers – If you need guaranteed dates for long distance moves – this will greatly affect the price
Many moving companies offer both local and long distance moving services.
Why Moving Companies Near Me
So why opt for a moving company over doing your move yourself? For starters, hiring a moving company near you saves you from having to do any of the heavy lifting on moving day. This, in and of itself, is the most common reason why people choose to hire professional movers. Moving company pros know how to properly load and unload moving trucks, as well as how to move furniture without scratching the floors. Choosing a reputable and reliable moving company to handle your relocation only ensures that your move will be carried out in the most efficient way possible. It also frees up valuable time and energy that you can spend on other important to-do list items on your moving checklist.
Moving Companies Near Me FAQ
What moving company services are included on a long distance moving quote?
Looking for someone to handle your move from beginning to end? A full service moving company can do just that. “Full service” means the moving company will come to your house in their moving truck, load your belongings, drive them to the destination and unload your items. Full service moving companies typically offer additional services as well, such as packing, unpacking, disassembling furniture and reassembling furniture. Of course, you can always box up your own belongings and have a full service moving company do the rest. Full service moves are popular among customers who are moving at the last minute, as well as those who lack the time and ability to move themselves. While hiring a full service moving company often means spending big bucks, many will tell you that the added convenience is well worth the higher price tag.
YOUR MOVING QUOTE EXPLAINED
When movers give a non-binding moving estimate, they are giving the customer a moving quote based on the estimated weight of their belongings. However, this non-binding quote is not set in stone and will most likely change depending on the actual weight of the move. A binding estimate is a fixed cost estimate. If the customer agrees to a binding estimate, then they will pay exactly what they were originally quoted. A binding not-to-exceed estimate means that even if the weight of a customer’s shipment exceeds the original estimate, they won’t be charged anything extra. Instead, they’ll only pay what they were originally quoted. If their shipment weighs less than originally estimated, then they’ll only be charged for the cost of shipping the actual weight of their belongings.
Should I choose a binding or non-binding moving company quote?
The most popular type of moving quote is the binding not-to-exceed estimate. This type of moving quote is often called a “guaranteed not-to-exceed” estimate as well. It’s usually in the customer’s best interest to choose a binding not-to-exceed estimate because it ensures that they won’t pay more than originally quoted even if the weight of the belongings ends up weighing more than originally estimated. However, if the shipment weighs less than the original estimate, then the customer will actually pay less than the original quote.
What does a moving quote include?
If moving a long distance, your estimate should include the name and address of your mover, the tariff cost, miles traveled, minimum weight and estimated weight, any discounts applied, packing and unpacking service fees, storage charges, transportation charges, fuel surcharges, insurance surcharges, and accessorial services.
How can I save money when moving?
There’s no doubt that hiring a moving company will cost you a pretty penny. Fortunately, there are ways to cut back on costs when hiring professional movers. First, inquire about various discounts available. Additionally, many moving companies also offer military discounts to members of the armed forces. A second way to cut costs is to pack yourself for the move instead of hiring professional movers to box up your belongings. Third, choose a move date associated with lower moving rates. Avoid peak moving season in the summer and opt for a late fall/winter move when demand is lowest. Finally, you can cut costs on moving by getting rid of unnecessary belongings. After all, the heavier your move, the more expensive it will be.
Moving Companies Near Me Quotes
Full-service moving company quotes are factored on many items, here are the most popular:
- Actual Weight — In general, the more stuff you move, the more expensive your move will be. Not only does it take longer to load and unload a large household, but it also requires a much bigger truck. You can find out your weight with this moving calculator.
- Moving Distance — The mileage between point A and point B affects the price of a full service move. Not only will you have to pay for gas, but you’ll also have to pay the driver for his time on the road. In general, the farther the move, the more expensive it will be.
- Labor costs — Labor costs may vary from state to state and moving company to moving company. For local moves, you’ll be paying movers an hourly rate. Interstate moves usually include the estimated cost of labor in the moving quote.
- Packing costs — If hiring the full-service movers to pack and unpack your belongings, be prepared to pay at least a few hundred dollars extra for the service. Moving companies will also include the added cost of disassembling and reassembling furniture in their moving estimate.
- Liability and valuation coverage — Movers must provide customers with two valuation coverage options: Full Value Protection and Basic Protection. Full value protection is the more comprehensive option. This liability coverage states that if your mover damages or loses an item, they will reimburse you for its current cash value. Released Value Protection is the most basic liability option available. It’s included in your moving quote for free and only covers .60 cents per pound of cargo.
- Additional storage — If you need a moving company to temporarily store your belongings before, during or after the move, this cost will be added to your moving estimate. Storage rates vary from mover to mover, so be sure to ask about rates before agreeing to include this service in the estimate.
Moving Companies Near Me Quote
With numerous moving companies to choose from, we know the decision can be a bit overwhelming. Fortunately, with Movers Near Me, it’s easy to find, compare and book the moving company that best fits your needs. All you have to do is submit your moving details above to receive free moving quotes from a number of professional moving companies. Best of luck and happy moving!