Hiring a great long distance moving company just got 10 times easier with this new long distance moving estimator tool:
STEP 1: Log onto the instant long distance moving estimator site
STEP 2: Fill out the general information – you don’t need to add exact addresses – all the long distance moving estimator needs is zip codes
STEP 3: Go through your house and add your inventory. This takes between 5-15 minutes. Other long distance moving estimators take upwards of two hours or longer especially if you have to wait for someone to come to your home for an on-site estimate.
STEP 4: Check your email for an instant, guaranteed long distance moving estimate
STEP 5: Book Your Move
Before even listing your house, most people ask themselves a familiar question: “What will be my average long distance moving cost?“. Please read thoroughly through our average moving cost post with regards to what long distance moving estimates are based on. In a nutshell:
Google states that the American Moving and Storage Association states that the average cost of a long distance move is about $4,300. However long distance moves can be between $1250 and $40,000. It is such a huge range it is impossible to give an “average cost” But, here is what will determine your long distance moving estimate price:
- Distance between zip codes
- The weight of Your Shipment
- Quality of Move
- Additional Services: packing, storage, additional fees
- How long you can wait for your shipment
- Flexibility in pick-up and delivery date
- How accessible the furniture is
Average Long Distance Moving Costs
The most important thing to remember here is that the following moving costs are only approximate values that can serve you well to get a general view of what your long distance move will cost you. The best way to get a guaranteed long distance moving estimate is to use the long distance moving calculator.
For the sake of convenience, if we assume that you’re moving to a new city that is exactly 1000 miles away from your starting point, then you have the following moving average price examples:
- Studio apartment-. On average, household items found in a studio apartment weigh approximately 2000-2200 pounds then you should expect to pay no less than around $1500 excluding any extra services. Keep in mind, most moving companies have a 2,000 or 3,000 lb minimum
- 1-bedroom apartment-. On average, household goods inside a 1-bedroom apartment can weigh between 2500 and 3500 pounds, which means that you’ll be paying within the range of $1800-$2500 for a long distance move.
- 2-bedroom home – On average, the items found in a 2-bedroom residence weigh between 5000-6000 you should be charged no less than around $3500-$4200 .
- 3-bedroom home- A normal 3 bedroom is approximately 6000-7500 lbs or $4700-$6000
- 4+bedroom home- usually has 8000 lbs or more, so you can expect $6,000+
Moving out of state or across the country is no easy feat. Whether you’re moving for a new job, to be closer to family, to live in a warmer climate, or for a different reason, the stress of relocation can take its toll. During this time of transition, the greatest help comes from hiring a long distance moving company you can trust to handle your move.